[thelist] Site review

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Mon Jan 5 17:33:06 CST 2004

Original Message:
> From: Jeroen Coumans <mail at JeroenCoumans.nl>

> I'm finishing my redesign and was wondering if I could bother you with a
> site review? The URL is http://www.jeroencoumans.nl/test/

A couple of things.

1) The look and feel is pretty clean.  However, I felt a little creeped out by the expression on your face (I'm assuming that's a picture of you). It almost seemed like you were using your "come hither" bedroom eyes.

2) From a professional standpoint, I'd remove the "Personal Information" and probably even the "Personality" from the resume.

3) I guess this is a "visited link" style, but it seemed kind of weird having lines under the main navigation links and then having them not be there later.  I'd say either keep the underlines or lose them altogether.  It's not obvious to me that visited links don't have the lines (it took me several minutes to figure that out and only when I saw the same behavior on the old site did I realize what was happening).

Scott