[thelist] Desperately seeking a sysadmin tool

Jonathan j at firebright.com
Tue Jan 6 20:28:12 CST 2004

Howdy all -

I've been looking for a tool for a while now, and I can't seem to find
it.  I found it once, but then it got lost on my D: drive, and now it's
as good as lost. ;-)

The tool is a command line script that you run as root on a linux box to
send email changes that get logged to a website. You can set it so that
it runs on logout, or on a CVS commit, and that way you can keep a log
of changes on a system.  All it does is send the one line email over to
a perl script that attaches it to a database or a website.

I know I could write something like this easily, but it sure would be
wonderful to have a model to work off of so I'm not making it all indy
banshee difficult for myself.

I can't for the life of me think of what the tool is.  Does anyone have
any information on this, or something closely related, tool?

All my best.  Happy new year!

Jonathan