[thelist] Using % for table cell height

Mark Joslyn Mark.Joslyn at SolimarSystems.com
Thu Jan 8 12:31:46 CST 2004

I am trying to validate a document using XHTML strict doctype but it
keeps throwing messages that say my use of <td height="100%"> is
invalid.

It gives me the same message for validating with HTML 3.2, HTML 4.01
STRICT & TRANSITIONAL.

What should I use in place of the "%" number if I want my table to
expand and collapse as the browser resizes? I can't declare an actual
pixel value.

Also, has "nowrap" been replaced my a better attribute? That is also
messing with my validation.

Please advise. Any insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

markJ