[thelist] [php] any image processing tutorials?

Jonathan j at firebright.com
Thu Jan 8 20:28:15 CST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 18:12, Chris Johnston wrote:
> For an assignment for school, I need to create a web app that is able to
<snip>

Chris -

The absolute best place to start is the php manual for image management:
http://us4.php.net/manual/en/ref.image.php

Here's the deal.  There is no "php" image management.  To my knowledge,
php used linjpeg, gd, and imagemagick to do all the heavy lifting.
You're simply using php as the interface language.  In fact, you could
write an entire php script that is nothing more than exec() calls to the
image functions with arguments for image names (many script do just
this!).

I'm sure you'll still qualify for the program with your professor.  I
looked at that program he was reccomending -- yeesh.  Old school.

Jonathan