[thelist] MSN redisgn... utter failure

Timothy J. Luoma luomat at peak.org
Fri Jan 9 14:04:28 CST 2004

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 05:15:01 -0500, Brian Cummiskey <Brian at hondaswap.com>
wrote:

> msn.com as many of you have probably seen, has been redesigned.
>
> it's horrid.  open it on mozilla.  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3841239/
> their articles page is completly destroyed.
>
> how can such a profound corporate site get away with that?

They don't have to care.  They have no interest in anyone being able to do
anything with any other browser other than theirs, and I'm guessing it
works in theirs, so why should they spend any more time on it?

I'm surprised people are surprised by this.  XHTML and the semantic web
are not ideas MS has supported either vocally or practically.  Why would
they design a site by standards that their own browser can't deal with?

TjL