[thelist] FatPipe / Failover

Jeff Wilhelm jwilhelm at summit7solutions.com
Fri Jan 9 14:37:38 CST 2004

Here's question for you all...

I've used the Fatpipe box before. The nice thing about it is that I can take
both the T1 and whatever my backup is and combine them so if one goes down
the other picks up automatically. The fatpipe boxes are a little expensive
though and I don't know if I can make it fly though. If I did get a backup
T1 or cable connection and don't go with the Fatpipe box, how else can we
make the failover automatic?  For instance, we'll have static IPs on four of
the boxes. If I have a backup cable connection, what good does that IP do us
on the external connections because all the routes will point to the other
(down) connection?

Anyone have any experience with this, or products to recommend?

Thanks,
Jeff

* J E F F R E Y   M.   W I L H E L M * |
 e: jeff at jeffwilhelm.com
 w: www.jeffwilhelm.com
 e: jeff at summit7solutions.com
 w: www.summit7solutions.com
 p: 401-874-3118 // 401-481-5991
 f: 419-735-8865 // 208-979-7205

* J E F F R E Y   M.   W I L H E L M * |
 e: jeff at jeffwilhelm.com
 w: www.jeffwilhelm.com
 e: jeff at summit7solutions.com
 w: www.summit7solutions.com