[thelist] attractive, accessible forms with CSS & fieldsets

Stephen Caudill SCaudill at municode.com
Tue Jan 13 09:33:54 CST 2004

--------------- Jono Young wrote: ---------------

: The form is aligned funky in IE 5.1.7 on Mac OS 9.2.2.  Each form
: element is stair stepped to the right.  The Last Name, Email,
: Username, Type span across the page instead of being aligned to
: the left.
:
: Here is an example of a "liquid" form:
: <http://www.brandville.com/contact.html>
:

Ah... the "ahem".  You're still linking to the browser upgrade page.
You should take a look at it sometime.  Here's an exerpt:

"Note to site builders: The WaSP Browser Upgrade Campaign has come
to a close. As such we ask that you discontinue your use of this
upgrade message and visit the Beyond the Browser Upgrade Campaign
page to learn about what to do instead."

The page doesn't validate either, but it looks like it'd be a snap
to get it back up to compliance.

I've not seen inputs inside of paragraphs before, interesting...
Any thoughts on the semantics of this? Just doesn't seem like a
text input should be in a paragraph to me, but the specs certainly
allow it. hmm... I'd be interested to hear what others think on
this matter. I'm interested because I'm using div's for this,
which certainly have no added semantics.

Here's an example of how I'm doing tableless forms at the mo':
http://neohero.municode.com/tests/tablelessform.html
Jono, how does this do on IE mac?  I'd appreciate the feedback.

Cheers,
Stephen Caudill
http://www.mechavox.com/