[thelist] JSP help please

Steve Lewis nepolon at worlddomination.net
Tue Jan 13 14:19:42 CST 2004

<tip type="JSP libraries">
taglibs && JSTL are just libraries that are intended to make your life
with JSP easier.

The JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL) encapsulates as simple
tags the core functionality common to many Web applications. JSTL has
support for common, structural tasks such as iteration and conditionals,
tags for manipulating XML documents, internationalization tags, and SQL
tags. It also provides a framework for integrating existing custom tags
with JSTL tags. </blockquote>
from http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl/

libraries and associated projects, such as TagLibraryValidator classes
and extensions to page-creation tools to support tag
libraries.</blockquote>
from http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/

</tip>

Steve