[thelist] Multicurrency SORTED

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 04:20:34 CST 2004

Thanks everyone for your help on this one.

As Glen did, I found my bank offered a download of currency conversion
rates. And NetBanx provided a means to trade in dollars, UK pounds, and
Euros. So I plan to store three prices in the database (re-converted
periodically) so I can offer 85% of our customers trade in their own
currency.

To the remainder I'll offer, I think, a 'convert this' icon which would
show the equivalent in their currency. We already collect and store their
country (so we can calculate delivery), so I just need to store the
currency code under each country (there's an ISO standard list of currency
codes knocking around somewhere).

It will be interesting to see how this affects sales.

Cheers