[thelist] modification to PHP 404 notification script.... anyone?

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 12:22:44 CST 2004

Colleagues, owing to a bounced email I lost touch with the lister who knew
the PHP commands to
return the domain from an IP (WHOIS basically) into the script below......

Below is the php script I use (I munged the addresses) and I wonder if
he/she might adapt it
and post me the undated version

Sorry to clutter the list but archives for detective work on "thelist" seem
difficult to find....

John

=================== 404 notifier script ========

<?php

$ip = getenv ("REMOTE_ADDR");

$requri = getenv ("REQUEST_URI");
$servname = getenv ("SERVER_NAME");
$combine = $ip . " tried to load " . $servname . $requri ;

$httpref = getenv ("HTTP_REFERER");
$httpagent = getenv ("HTTP_USER_AGENT");

$today = date("D M j Y g:i:s a T");
$message = " John Bullas has been informed that:<br>On $today,  \n
$combine <br> \n
User Agent = $httpagent <br>\n
$note\n
Referring URL (if any) : $httpref";