[thelist] [Javascript] swicthing off a function

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Thu Jan 15 06:35:47 CST 2004

I received the following from thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org <>
 on Thu, January 15, 2004 7:20 AM:

> Ive got into a bit of a muddle here.
>
> I have a rollover script, when u rollout, after 2 seconds it should
> rotate through the images to be rolled over.
>
> When you rollover again the rotation should stop.
>
> It seems that the rotation deosnt get stopped, works ok if you
> rollover the first one but not if you rollover another, the timing
> goes all funny too.

When I place the mouse over any image, the rotation of images DOES stop. Win
MSIE 6.

> Ive tried to insert a test (inuse) which is supposed to return the
> function.

I do not understand this sentence. The phrase 'return the function' implies
an expression or function which returns as its return value some function.
Your variable inuse is a simple scalar variable.

Not clear from the code nor your letter PRECISELY what you want to happen
here.

Hershel