[thelist] My company got ripped off

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Fri Jan 16 09:01:20 CST 2004

Brian's rant of the day.

<rant>
My company paid some professional firm to re-do our website.  I work in
the networking department there, so the web stuff never even crossed my
path (its just a hobby of mine).  Word around the office is that they
paid $10,000 for it.

It's pathetic.

It sucks.

It is soooooo unprofessional.

The javascript date at the top links to a free script site source
site...  They couldn't even code their own or at the very least, figure
out how to remove the copyright link.

There's proprietory GoLive tags everywhere.

Horrid use of a flash.

CLICK HERE links, instead of linking text that means something.

Half the people in the pictures are no longer with the company.... for
over a year now.

I could go on all day.  See for your self.

http://www.americancustomercare.com

Now, it gets worse....

The woman who did the site didn't know what FTP was, when our network
team gave her ftp info to put it on our server.  HOW CAN you be a
webdesigner, and not know what FTP is?  HOW?

I hate golive.  I hate frontpage.  I hate dreamweaver.

They have taken life out of the internet.

</rant>

How is it, that we struggle to make 1-2k on a full corprate website
free-lancing...  and yet, firms like this score 10k on a RE-DESIGN?  And
half-ass it at that.

I just wanted to share...  Had to get it off my chest.

Please feel free to bash away at how horrid the site looks and is
coded... Or how I should've never posted this to the list and you are
going to forward it to my boss...  Lol  (please don't =)  )

I can only imagine how bad it falls apart on a mac or other odd browsers
too....