[thelist] My company got ripped off

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Sun Jan 18 20:28:40 CST 2004

>>In all seriousness, it isn't a good idea to publicly trash your
comapny. Some manager is bound to get offended, especially the one who
okayed the expense. <<

The thing that all of you are missing is that I never said my company
sucks.  I love my job.  I love the people I work with.  However, I think
they got taken on their web site from an out-sourced company.  Most of
the folks in our IT department think the site looks hideous as well.
After they finially sent us a CDr of the site (cuz they didn't know what
ftp was) and we placed it on our server, we all just kinda dropped our
jaws....  If anything, I'm bashing them- not my company.

I have nothing to say to my bosses at this point.  The money has been
spent.  And unless I want to build them something that THEY consider
"better", and for free, it's a waste of my time and theirs.

If it comes up in a search, so be it.  I can't control that...  And
again, its NOT basing my company.  What we do, we do well, and potential
clients can make their own opinion of that NOT based on our website
alone.  Our website just looks like a$$, and is totally un accessible to
a lot of folks.  I guess that was the point of this thread...  And it
got way out of hand really fast.

I guess we should just let this one die out...
Sorry for starting a controvesey over nothing really...  Just wanted to
rant on a Friday.

-Brian