[thelist] ms word formatting

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sun Jan 18 20:31:31 CST 2004

There is an option to "print data only in forms", in Tools -> Options ->
Print. This is there in Word 2000, and Word 2003 (and probably other
versions as well).

I imagine that you can set this using Word VBA if you want to do it
programmatically. If you check the Help files, you get:

<quote>
Note  If you based the design of the form on a preprinted form such as a
company invoice, and the form fields appear in the same locations, you can
insert the blank preprinted forms in a printer and use this procedure to
fill out the preprinted forms
</quote>

which seems to be exactly what you want to do. Sorry for not replying
earlier, but I've just returned from holidays.

Cheers
Ken

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew" <andrew at humanbehaviour.co.uk>
To: "Thelist at Lists. Evolt. Org" <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 4:12 AM
Subject: [thelist] ms word formatting

: are there amy MS word gurus around?  I have what maybe a very simple
question
: for someone!
:
: I have a printed document that needs some fields filled in and then
printed
: using the printed document (template) is there a simple way to create a
document
: layout where just the missing fields can be filled in?
:
: I am familiar with word and the mail merge features along with most of the
form
: related stuff, however this one is new to me!
:
: I already have the template printed, the tray is full of the printed paper
minus
: the blank fields... the blank fields filled in and the letter printed,
only I
: dont want to print the whole document just the fields, so question is can
I turn
: off the text around the fields?
:
: Obviously the problem I have here is lining up the fields to match the
already
: printed letter ;)
:
: tia