[thelist] What do clients look for? [Was: My company got ripped off]

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Sun Jan 18 23:19:55 CST 2004

Ken Schaefer wrote:

> Personally, I feel that if the original poster had felt strongly about this,
> and felt that they could do the job better, they should put together a
> proposal, sell it to management, and see if something could be done in
> future. It may take some time to get some traction on the issue, but a well
> argued and supported proposal, couched in business language, backed by the
> type of things that managers look at (figures, evidence etc), is usually
> enough to convince most managers that I've met and had to deal with.

Again, it's not worth my time.  The upper management loves it.  They
think it's "American".  thus, the lame apple pie flash animation.  I
can't sell them something they don't want, and i'm not going to waste my
time to attempt to convince them.

After all, I'm just the lowly 3rd shift network administrator... trying
to make a living.