[thelist] Mail hijacking

The Lists thelists at antonakis.co.uk
Mon Jan 19 18:54:21 CST 2004

Hi,

Some little so and so is sending out emails with a reply address using
my domain name. I have managed to find out who it is, and it appears
they are one of the big spammers :o(

I realise that there is nothing I can do to stop him from sending these
messages, but what I would like to know is, is there anyway I can stop
receiving all the 'undeliverable' mail messages I keep getting back? The
only thing in common with the messages is that they are all from the AOL
postmaster, at the moment anyway, as he is concentrating on AOL account
users. I know I could just block any messages from that postmaster, but
what if he starts changing to other ISPs?

Has anyone else had any experience with this sort of thing? If so, does
it tend to peter out after a while, or am I stuck with it? And what have
your solutions been?

BTW, my mail server is hosted on a Linux server, although I am not
overly familiar with Linux yet.

Here's hoping
Alexis