[thelist] Multiple Domain Names

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Wed Jan 21 11:14:02 CST 2004

I have a site where the domain name could easily be spelled several ways.
The name is a transliteration of a word in another language. If the main
name is let's say

turkey.org

then we also own

turkey.com
turkie.org
turkie.com
turkee.org
turkee.com

What is the best way to handle directing users who may type in one of these
'subordinate' names in their browser?

Redirect their browser to the main address? Show them the site without
changing the address? I understand that Google does not like sites with more
than one name pointing to them. I may be wrong here, however. The other
issue of course is that the site has a nice graphic on each page that says
Turkey.org.

Any advice is appreciated,

Thank you,
Hershel,