[thelist] Microsoft Word mail merge using MySQL (and PHP?)

Sarah Sweeney poohbear at designshift.com
Wed Jan 21 17:04:15 CST 2004

I'm about to start a project which involves moving a database from
Access to MySQL. The current Access database includes some reports which
are used to print mailing labels and contracts for clients, using client
info from the database. I'm wondering if it will be possible to do the
same kind of thing with a Microsoft Word mail merge, getting the data
directly from the MySQL database. Will I need to pass parameters to the
Word mail merge, or can I select certain records directly in Word? Also,
will PHP be required, or can this all be done directly from Word?

Thanks for any leads on this!

Sarah