[thelist] Re: My 12 year old son can do websites

Eveline e.vanhemel at pandora.be
Fri Jan 23 06:29:42 CST 2004

Hi all,

I am following this discussion from the beginning and what strikes me the
most, is that a lot of people describe a website as something that is put on
the internet. Is it possible that a 12 year old can make a "website": yes,
on his own level, are there websites on the internet that a 12 year can not
possibly make: also yes. Are there good comic books for children: yes, is
there great literature (say e.g. "Lord of the Rings") that a child cannot
possibly understand? Also yes.... Do we compare childrens comic books with
"Lord of the Rings".... no, of course not. So why are we doing it then when
comparing websites?

Just a thought......

Eveline Vanhemel