[thelist] Re: The best resource for SEO information

Peter Small peter at petersmall.net
Sat Jan 24 08:28:50 CST 2004

Cayley - It's a closed system, totally independent of google. It is
actually quite unique, although there are some similarities with dmoz
and webRing in as much as the links in the resources are the combined
selections of many participants.

The difference is that this system evolves independent of any
particular selections or any top down human decision making. It is
based upon the way biological systems evolve: bottom-up, with the
ability to self-organize to become increasingly efficient and able to
adapt to change.

The way it does this is to group selections in the same way as
genetic algorithms group variables, where an iteration process is
continually at work to remove bad links and promote good links.

The trick is that it doesn't just combine recommended links, it also
combines and compares "judgements" of links. This difference allows
poor quality or out of date information to 'evolve' out of the system
without having to be specifically excluded by anyone.

The result is that you can quickly build, or rebuild, targeted
resources that carry only the best and the most up-to-date
information regarding SEO techniques and strategies.

An interesting feature of this system is that it allows several
alternative kinds of solutions to emerge; enabling different
variations of a resource to be built that are optimally efficient for
different kinds of business strategies.

As you so aptly phrase, it is "search personalization". And is likely
to become ubiquitous because it is such an efficient way to create
resources - thanks to Mother Nature and Her ingenious strategies for
processing information.

Peter Small

Author of: Lingo Sorcery, Magical A-Life Avatars, The Entrepreneurial
Web, The Ultimate Game of Strategy and Web Presence
http://www.stigmergicsystems.com
SEO Resource builder: http://www.stigmergicsystems.com/seoresources/