[thelist] IIS ASP Woes

Ken Kogler gsls at kenkogler.com
Tue Jan 27 11:35:32 CST 2004

Hershel Robinson <>
wrote on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 10:04 AM:

> ASP, however, does NOT appear to run. I get an HTTP 500 - Internal
> server error for ASP pages.

What exactly is the error? Using IE, go to Tools > Internet Options >
Advanced and uncheck the option for "show friendly http error messages".
Refresh your ASP page again, and you should see more detail about the
error.

Also, try disabling the Norton service entirely, just to see if that
takes care of it. I've got Win2K and Norton serving ASP and running just
fine, so I doubt that's it, but it never hurts to try...

--ken