[thelist] Strange IE Permission Issue...

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Jan 27 22:52:21 CST 2004

Try:
Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc

Expand User Configuration -> Administrative Templates

Click on Internet Explorer. See if anything has been enabled there.
Otherwise, click on "Internet Control Panel" and "Browser Menus" (underneath
Internet Explorer), and see if anything has been enabled (usually means that
a restriction is in place) there.

Cheers
Ken

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Dell'Aringa" <pixelmech at yahoo.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] Strange IE Permission Issue...

: --- Original Post ---
: > > I just went to go under Tools > Internet Options to clear my
: > > cache, and I got a strange permissions error saying I can't
: > > access it!?
: > > It says "contact the administrator" yet I am the only user on
: > > this home PC. See the error here:
: > >
: > > http://www.pixelmech.com/review/restrict.gif
:
: --- Norman Bunn wrote:
: > Just a guess, but I would suspect some adware or spyware program is
: > the culprit.  Try running Ad-Aware (www.lavasoft.de) and SpyBot
: > (www.safer-networking.org/) with the latest config files and see if
: > this goes away.
:
: Neither ad-aware or spybot turned up anything and this strange error
: persists. Does anyone else have any ideas? Any ideas on where I might
: go to even set or remove such a permission?
:
: Tom
:
: =====
: http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
: http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
: http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life
:
: [Those who say that I am finished, and am through, will have to run over
my dead body to beat me...]
: --
: * * Please support the community that supports you.  * *
: http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/
:
: For unsubscribe and other options, including the Tip Harvester
: and archives of thelist go to: http://lists.evolt.org
: Workers of the Web, evolt !
: