Old Browsers and security - Was Re: [thelist] Site review please

Thibaut Allender mailing at capsule.org
Thu Jan 29 10:27:41 CST 2004

on 29/01/2004 16:52, Chris Marsh wrote :

> The original simile is so flawed it's hardly worth debating, but just because
> some developers are incapable of allowing their sites to degrade gracefully
> in older browsers doesn't reflect on the global validity of a given browser.

well, "gracefully" is hard to achieve in netscape 4 :)
using xhtml + css, it's now easy to disable stylesheet for it

it's viewable, yes, but has nothing similar with the original site
(except content)

> If I were to lapse into the inapplicable morality of a previous poster, I may
> posit that some web developers don't deserve to be web developers.

only the client and/or company can tell that.

--
freelance + web|system developper|designer
+ 32 496 26 75 76 + http://www.capsule.org