[thelist] Does my client have the MyDoom virus?

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Jan 30 07:35:50 CST 2004

Hello,

Last night I received an email from my client to my personal address.  The
message was the typical "The message contains Unicode characters and has
been sent as a binary attachment." and the attachment was a ZIP with a .pif
file inside of it.  My first thought would be yes, my client has a virus.
Then it occurred to me... my client ONLY checks this particular account (the
sender address on the mail I received) via the webmail interface provided by
the email host... never via Outlook.  So, now I'm not so sure.

Thoughts?

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.