[thelist] cheesy javascript not working

Gregory Wostrel info at gwcreative.com
Fri Jan 30 19:51:42 CST 2004

OK, first of all, I am a total Javascript dunce. While I know my way
around HTML well enough to hand code and fix errors and validate and so
on, I have to depend completely on canned javascript. In this case from
GoLive 6 - Mac OSX. I have a site that I inherited that was done on
some WYSIWYG generator and it was a mess. Now most pages are valid
XHTML and they work pretty well.

Here is the trouble. My client wanted a popup on the first page - one
that slides in view when the page loads. OK, fine. I had the action in
GoLive and it works fine in every Mac browser I test it in: IE,
Mozilla, Safari. But it simply will not work in IE6 Win98 or XP. I have
rebuilt the page a few times thinking there was some odd glitch but no
go.

I wish I wasn't such a script moron, but there it is. Any help amongst
the experts?

Here is the page: http://www.innatstonington.com/

TIA,
Gregory Wostrel

gwcreative
http://www.gwcreative.com/
gw at gwcreative.com
401.286.9228
Communications and the Art of Simplicity