[thelist] [javascript] Anyway to dynamically change the text on screen?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 31 18:48:37 CST 2004

--- Chris Johnston <chris at fuzzylizard.com> wrote:
> Another hopefully quick and easy JavaScript question.
>
> I have to create a slide show type script. This slide show involves
> changing both the image and the text around the image. I know that
> if I
> place text in textfields I can use javascript to change the text.
> What I
> am wondering is if I place text in a unique div, if I can use
> javascript  to change the text in that?

innerHTML is your friend.

document.getElementById('yourDiv').innerHTML = "some new text here";

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

[Those who say that I am finished, and am through, will have to run over my dead body to beat me...]