[thelist] Convert .wmv to Real Player

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Sun Feb 1 06:43:24 CST 2004

At 12:01 01/02/2004, you wrote
>I have two .wmv files that I want to put online for a certain non-profit.
>The server administrator says we should use Real Player format as that's
>what the server is set up for. I myself have no little or no experience with
>streaming video.

WMV is Microsofts copyright format (AFAIK) and who wants to p**s them off?

try

http://www.thugsatbay.com/software/index.html

Zwei-Stein by thugs at bay?

A bit quirky but I use it to make portable AVI versions of windows media files
where i can't be online to allow the PC running it to download the Windows
Media Codecs ;)

AVIs seem to play on everything including electric toothbrushes (a lie)
when Windows
Format stuff

FB

Let me know if it is any good