[thelist] Email Obfuscation may be beaten?

Damien COLA damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 1 12:48:47 CST 2004

you're right, if you can read the php page using wordpad then you can
see the php code.
"thus if a webpage file has php in it but it is not "rendered"
I can see it... or am I dense?"

but since SPAM harvester get the email from webpages, they use http://
!!
they only get the source of the HTML rendered by the php !

And when you think twice about it, it's normal !! If people or spam
harvesters could see the php code, we'd all be in big trouble ! (think
of FTP/DB passwords, ways we badly code our forms, security holes,
etc..)