[thelist] How to capture GET form data through JavaScript?

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Sun Feb 1 14:55:38 CST 2004

Trent Whaley wrote:

>4 ways:
>	look at the url of the second page. The GET data is encoded there.
>
>	have the form processing script on the server do it. (ie, use PHP or ASP, not
>JavaScript)
>
>	Save the data in a cookie
>
>	Have the pages wrapped in a frameset with only one frame, and store the data
>objects in the parent frameset. (not recommended).

All of which would make a lot more sense, especially the php/asp/etc.
However, the quidelines for this little project are to use javascript
and nothing else. Therefore, I was wondering if this was even possible.
I realize that javascript can set cookies, but that is a little more
complicated then what I want to do.

chris