[thelist] FIR Shortcoming?

Stephen Caudill SCaudill at municode.com
Mon Feb 2 11:16:33 CST 2004

--------------- Joshua Olson wrote: ---------------

: Recently, I've been using FIR for most design related images on
: websites. Often times, I use something like this:
<snip />
: It works great and degrades nicely with NN4.x, etc.  The problem
: I have is that I ALSO prefer to make logos clickable back to the
: homepage.  I can't seem to find the magic combination to make
: this clickable.

Josh,
  I'm using FIR with links in the header of my blog at:
http://www.mechavox.com/

the html looks like:

		<h1>
			</a>
		</h1>
		<h2>Personal site of Stephen Caudill, a swell guy from Tallahassee, Florida</h2>
	<h3><span>Evolving.</span></h3>

the css:

header h1{
	width: 415px;
	height: 46px;
	background: url(../images/mech_voice2.jpg) no-repeat center left;
	padding: 0px;
	margin: 0px;
	cursor: pointer;
}
#header h1 span, #header h2{
	display: none;
}
#header h1 a{
	width: 415px;
	height: 46px;
}
#title h3{
	width:192px;
	height: 46px;
	background: url(../images/evo_grad2.jpg) no-repeat center right;
	position: absolute;
	right: 0px;
	top: 0px;
	padding: 0px;