[thelist] JS: Cookie Madness

liorean liorean at f2o.org
Tue Feb 3 15:40:17 CST 2004

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
> Yeah like I said I know the date wasn't the issue. It's the
> semi-colon. Your functions look great, but I'm writing an article for
> *beginners in JS* :/. So I'm trying to make it real simple.

Oh.

> There has to be a way around this issue...

As I said, the document.cookie property is a semicolon separated
name/value list. It does not contain the expiry date (or the path or the
domain for that matter) and there is no way you can read it through
regular JavaScript embedded in a document.

--
liorean <mailto:liorean at user.bip.net>

ViewStyles, ViewScripts, ToggleStyles and GraphicsInfo bookmarklets and
Theme Switcher, Cookies Handler scripts:
<http://liorean.web-graphics.com/>