[thelist] Calling a sproc from VB

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at MetroGuide.com
Wed Feb 4 12:33:30 CST 2004

Argh.  My sproc runs fine when I simulate the call to it with an EXEC
statement in QA.

My VB app runs fine, including the sproc, when certain parameters are
sent to the sproc.

When I send other parameters to the sproc from the VB app, it must
encounter a fatal error, because the OUTPUT parameter of the sproc comes
back empty, which couldn't happen if the sproc ran through to the end.
Keep in mind that when I use these parameters with EXEC & QA, the sproc
runs without errors, and PRINTing the OUTPUT parameter afterwards gives
me the expected results

How can I see what the error is inside the sproc when I am calling the
sproc from the VB app?

Thanks

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **