[thelist] username:password in URLs

noah noah at tookish.net
Wed Feb 4 23:06:04 CST 2004

Hi David,

David Siedband wrote (04/02/2004 6:41 PM):
> You could authenticate once and generate a short-lived unique ID at the
> end of the URL specific to that login.
>
> or just add the name and password at the end of the URL
>
> http://www.domain.com/somePage.php?uname=sarah&password=s00pers3cr37

Thanks, that would work.

Unfortunately I wasn't 100% clear. When I said that I don't want to
include the session code on these pages, I actually want to try to avoid
running any code at all. I'd like these to be vanilla HTML pages
protected by .htaccess/.htpasswd, but accessible transparently from a
PHP page.

Thanks again, though.

Cheers,
Noah