[thelist] Flash Question

Ben Morrison ben.morrison at dogstardesign.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 03:55:10 CST 2004

On 4/2/04 7:00 pm, "Peter Loron" <peterl at standingwave.org> wrote:

> What I would
> like to have in one corner of the movie is a timeclock showing the total
> elapsed time since the movie first started playing. I don't want the
> clock to reset at the beginning of the loop.

Place your animation in a movie clip.
Make another movie clip that will hold your clock.
Place both these MCs on the stage - can be a 1 frame movie.

Use the getTimer() function for your clock.

More info here:

http://tinyurl.com/3bu8x

If it needs to be flash 5 then you will have to look into the date() object.

Google for: date() tutorial "flash 5" clock

ben