[thelist] .NET HTML relative URI problem

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Thu Feb 5 08:52:14 CST 2004

>> 1 - There should be two dots in the relative path.  src="../    is
how I
>> code relative URLs by hand.  What's up with the single dot?

./ = root
../ = go DOWN a directory

Say you are in mydomain.com/pages/index.html

../ will drop you to mydomain.com/
./ will drop you to mydomain.com/pages/

>> 2 - I'd like to find out how to suppress the XHTML   />    rendered
by .NET.
>> This should be a 4.01 transitional loose DOCTYPE.

4.01 transitional loose...  Does not exist.  It's one or the other.

And moreover... Why not try to "fix" your code and use xhtml
transitional and styles instead of using 1999 technology and messy code?