[thelist] Freaky event selling a car online...... WHY?

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Sun Feb 8 10:28:45 CST 2004

Colleagues

We are advertising our Mini Cooper for sale on a big website in the States
(we are in the UK)
minimania.com .. someone just emailled me saying:
"look at the Cars for Sale link when you type in www.minimania.com"

http://search.msn.com/pass/results.aspx?q=www.minimania.com&FORM=SMCRT

link is........
    * <http://www.minimania.com/web/id/4389/ClassDetail.cfm>Cars for Sale
    * Specializing in both New Mini Cooper S and Classic Mini Cooper
Performance Parts and Accessories. We Also carry a full line of A-Series
Parts for your Morris, Sprite or Spridget.
    * www.minimania.com/web/id/4389/ClassDetail.cfm
Our advert out of 1160++++

How does this happen?.... it's our advert but just a  stroke of luck?
co-incidence? the viewers are NOT
logged in to the site  either.. I did hand fashion the html of the ad as
best I could with a lot of
outgoing links, is that why? most others will be just plain text and no
links.....

John

Very Interested in "why?"  BTW it doesn't work if you just go for "minimania"