[thelist] URLs on Stationary without "www."

Stuart Young syoung at unitec.ac.nz
Tue Feb 10 16:00:17 CST 2004

> IE "helps" you. It assumes any address given is an Hypertext Transport
> Protocol system and will insert the prefix for you.

<pedant> its actually  HyperText Transfer Protocol </pedant>

> most people assume www.domain

indeed they do - when we set up subdomains we also have to set-up the sub-domain with www as well. AAAAAAAAA

e.g.
http://www.example.org.nz
has
http://subdomain.example.org.nz
and we also have to set up
http://www.subdomain.example.org.nz
for those people

cheers

Dr Stuart Young,       +64 (0)9-815 4321 Ex 8656
<syoung at unitec.ac.nz>
Lecturer, School of Computing and Information Technology,
UNITEC Institute of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand
http://hyperdisc.unitec.ac.nz/staff/syoung.htm
I would provide a URL for my official staffpage, but its too long and complex