[thelist] Doctype and Quirks mode question

Andy Budd andy at message.uk.com
Thu Feb 12 06:25:55 CST 2004

I've created a user stylesheet for people with visual impairments

www.message.uk.com/css/betsie_v01.css

This works fine in sites running in standards mode. However when it
hits a table based site in quirks mode, it all goes pear shaped. I was
just wondering if anybody knew anyway of forcing a browser to render in
standards mode? If this could be done using javascript, that would be
great as I could then make up a bookmarklet.

However it seems that the javascript element that determines render
mode appears to be read only.

Andy Budd

http://www.message.uk.com/