[thelist] IIS6 Log Files

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Feb 13 22:55:57 CST 2004

Ken,

I did a bit more research after my post and I believe that, in general, you
are correct.  I saw mention of a way to increase the timeout or eliminate
the termination completely by updating something in the machine.config file,
but I couldn't figure out which value to change.

There's not a lot of chatter about this change on google so I guess it may
be a smaller deal than I was making of it.  Either way, I wrote some CF code
to scrub log files of the extra headers.

<cffile ...> <!--- load the file into the variable "log" --->
<cfset crlf = Chr(13) & Chr(10)>
<cfset preamble = ListGetAt(log, 1, crlf) &
                    crlf & ListGetAt(log, 2, crlf) &
                    crlf & ListGetAt(log, 3, crlf) &
                    crlf & ListGetAt(log, 4, crlf)>
<cfset log = preamble & REReplace(form.log, "##[^[:cntrl:]]*[[:cntrl:]]{2}",
<cffile ...> <!--- write the file back out using the value of "log" --->

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/service_areas/