[thelist] referer field

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Sun Feb 15 12:44:52 CST 2004

At 18:30 15/02/2004, you wrote
>I’m having a problem with the way my web access logs report “referer”
>and “url.” Example: I have a page with no gifs or jpg’s, and the referrer
>notes the Google, MSN, or whatever search—valuable info. As soon as I add a

is there not 2 or more lines generated for the "page call"?

one for the html text file

and THEN

one for each image thence referred to?

as "the page calls the image"

and the referrer calls the page **

how are your logs sorted, can you bang them in excel
or something and sort based on the file extension?

(** I remember a song about a woman who swallowed an ant)

FB