[thelist] Need some icons

John C Bullas (soton.ac.uk relay) jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 10:05:31 CST 2004

At 15:31 18/02/2004, you wrote:
>I've got a few menu items that control page layout that I'd like to switch
>to small buttons to save space and improve usability.
>
>Not being a graphic designer, I thought someone might be familiar with stock
>icons for :
>
>  - Changing page background color (s)
>  - Suppressing optional page graphics (toggle text mode / graphics mode)
>  - Providing Feedback to the page author

not sure if there is the equivalent of the ISO airbag or ABS warning light
for websites :)

  "text only format" "full graphics" hyperlinks?

background colour changing? small screen dump of the colour in place OR
set a table to display a choice of background colours to click on?

"click here to contact the author of this page"

I use an image of a PC with a mailbox coming out of it...

John

>I know there's ton's of stuff on google, but if you want transparent
>backgrounds, meaningful symbols (is there a symbol for changing a page
>background color?) it's a lotta looking to find nothing.  Maybe better to
>develop the icons myself.  But then, I'd need to learn photoshop, and I'd

you can make icons quickly using something like micrografix photopublisher7
that was given away free with PC magazines, it includes button makers etc etc
and it is very easy to master (....it's limited ability)

FB