[thelist] Can you create tags in xhtml?

Leif Singer me at yoonicks.com
Wed Feb 18 10:34:45 CST 2004

> I thought the whole point of XHTML was to bring HTML inline with XML. I
> thought one of the big things about XML was its versatility.
XML is a markup language to write markup languages. XHTML has been
written in XML. Altering a DTD will make it a different DTD, though. So
if you use a different DTD, it will not be W3C's XHTML recommendation
anymore.

> Any thoughts? Could this throw up later problems?
Any Browser that really parses the DTDs should not have a problem with
that. But I do not know whether any browser really does that - and I
don't think that's very likely.

Best regards

Leif Singer