[thelist] Is this design too dark?

Tara Cleveland evolt at taracleveland.com
Wed Feb 18 12:31:37 CST 2004

Hi Everyone,

http://www.taracleveland.com/clients/inproject-mockup/mockup3b.gif

I've had mixed reports about this design. The client *loves* it, but
she's had several people look at it and comment that it's too dark.
It looks fine on my PC screen and almost washed-out on my Mac. But as
always, on hers and her daughter's, it's much darker. I know for sure
her screen isn't set correctly but I'm not sure about the other
people she got comments from. She wanted more opinions, so I said I'd
ask all of you wise and wonderful people and see what you thought.

The pictures of the children aren't meant to be portraits but rather
semi-integrated into the design... but can you still tell they are
kids or is it too dark?

How is the contrast on the menu for you? Is it readable?

I know, I know, it's the web and colours will never be perfect, but I
am trying to make sure the design is readable and decent for most
people.

Thanks in advance.

Tara

--