[thelist] External .js and ASP

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at MetroGuide.com
Wed Feb 18 16:04:59 CST 2004

Scott Dexter wrote:
> Pray tell the
> reasoning behind using Server.Execute here?

So the filename to be executed can be dynamically created by the ASP
script.

>> Like someone stated earlier, check out what the
>> browser is receiving and
>> see if you have something malformed.

Oh I did a View Source on the html output, and it looks fine:

<head>
	<title>Reservation Page</title>
	<link rel="stylesheet" href="style/dg.css" type="text/css">
	<script language="JavaScript"
src="scripts/DateScripts.js"></script>
</head>

...nothing wrong with that right?  That's what makes me think maybe the
/Include and /Script folders are messing things up.  Maybe the /scripts
folder needs to be inside the /include folder (where the executed file
lives)?  I don't think I've actually tested that possibility, although I
did try building the path to the scripts folder from the webroot and
that didn't help.