[thelist] [tip] Screen Capturing as Video and sound

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu Feb 19 09:12:46 CST 2004

David,

Thanks for that tip-back.  the VNC solution would be very nice for recording
activity on a remote machine for sure.  I'm going to download that one too.

The following is what really caught my eye about CamStudio:

- Keyboard shortcuts to start, pause, stop recording
- Ability to put icons (annotations) with text on the screen with variable
opacity
- Prearrange the icons in differnent ways and switch between saved layouts
with keyboard shortcuts
- Ability to record sound simultaneously with the video from the speakers or
the microphone
- Auto-pan (the captured region follows the mouse!)
- etc, etc, etc.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.