[thelist] Please help! trapping keyboard combo on Mac OSX

Scott Blanchard octigonuser at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:39:56 CST 2004

I am literally about to throw my mac across the room. I have a function that
should fire when the user has typed CTRL+8 on the keyboard. This works
perfectly on the PC, however, I cannot get it to fire on Mac in any web
browser. I need to have this work in Mozilla and firefox on the Mac.

If anyone has any suggestions, please help. I'm running out of time...

Here's the function I am using,

window.document.onkeydown = checkHandles;

function
checkHandles(e){e=e||window.event;if((e.ctrlKey)&&(e.keyCode==56)){alert("yes.
Thank goodness it worked!!!")}}