[thelist] Site Check

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 23 19:51:31 CST 2004

I suppose if the company you're designing for is in Supply Chain
Management, then the company I work for is a competitor. I have to
laugh at the "boring" comment because we are counting on that tendency
toward boringness to differentiate our company from all the others when
we roll out our redesigned collateral.

I think the layout and design of the site look good. I like the
double-lined T on the first page just as it is. It doesn't seem
unfinished to me at all, and where you have used it as a divider I
really like it. It fits with your nice use of whitespace.

The white and yellow against the blue side navigation bar is difficult
to read. The white and yellow are not contrasted enough to easily read
it. Perhaps bold text would help.

Probably what appears most "boring" aside from the colors is that I
don't feel there is a "call to action". This, of course, is not your
fault. It's a content thing.

On Monday, February 23, 2004, at 04:00 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

>> Not a bad design. Nice and clean, fairly straight forward, and really
>> really boring. There is nothing here to prompt the user to ever go any
>> further into the site.
>
> Thank you, and well Corporate America is a boring place.
>
>> First question: what was the purpose of the site and who are the
>> intended users?
>
> Corporate America specifically those in Supply Chain Management.
***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown