[thelist] CSS background positioning and link borders

Gregory Wostrel info at gwcreative.com
Tue Feb 24 10:10:27 CST 2004

On Feb 24, 2004, at 9:47 AM, Stephen Caudill wrote:

> 1. removing "fixed" from the .sidebar class keeps it relative to
> the column, not the view port.  I got closer results to what you
> were looking for also, by exchanging "right" for "left" in the same
> class.  This is what my rule looked like:
> .sidebar { background: #ccc url(swoosh-background.gif) no-repeat right
> bottom; }
>
> 2. I was bored. This should do it:
> http://mechavox.com/sandbox/rightborder.html

Whoa! You totally rock!
Anytime that you are bored, let me know and I am sure I will have some
other problem that I can't quite figure out. The links look great. Now,
any chance of explaining why it works? That's problem more work than
just doing it.

Thanks again,
Gregory Wostrel

gwcreative
http://www.gwcreative.com/
gw at gwcreative.com
401.286.9228
Communications and the Art of Simplicity