[thelist] Tomcat, JBoss, or JRun - which is better for learni ng j2ee?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Tue Feb 24 11:48:00 CST 2004

david.landy at somerfield.co.uk wrote:
> I can't get the breakpoints to work in Sun One Studio.

Sorry, can't help you there -- as far as IDEs go, I'm partial to
the viewpoint expressed in the Kernighan and Pike reference on
this page: <http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html> :-)

But, said page is a good intro to "log4j", now part of the Apache
Logging Services Project (<http://logging.apache.org/>).

Anyone using Tomcat should at least be aware of log4j; it's used in
other projects as well, and it can make your debugging a lot easier.

FWIW!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.