[thelist] CSS background positioning and link borders

Simon Perry simon.perry at si-designs.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 08:44:50 CST 2004

Brian W. Reaves wrote:

> Gregory,
>
> Did you check your version in FireFox 0.8? (I'm on WinXP.) The
> background image doesn't appear under the navigation until after you
> rollover the navigation.

yep on mine too... gets even stranger if the window is maximized and
scrolled! First off the background image is cut off below sign up then
as the page is scrolled down the background bleeds through below sign
up, once a link has been hovered over it works as expected.

> Simon's version worked but seemed to bog-down the browser. Very
> strange....

Could you expand on "seemed to bog-down" the browser please?

Simon